Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Mirror recently had a little chat with Tiana Benjamin, who plays Angelina Johnson in the Potter films. Tiana started acting at age 11 when she joined a local theatre group. She appeared in dramas including The Bill, Dalziel And Pascoe and The Last Detective, and has recently landed a role in EastEnders. Sadly this means quiting the fifth Harry Potter film, The Order Of The Phoenix. She has already appeared in The Goblet Of Fire as the powerful quidditch captain, Angelina.

"It was a dilemma having to choose between Harry Potter and EastEnders," admits Tiana.

"I was supposed to do both projects at the same time, but on the week I was due to start on EastEnders I was told they couldn't work together, so I pulled out of Harry Potter. I tried to look at the bigger picture. With Harry Potter there were so many big faces that it wouldn't help me show what I could do. I'm pleased with the decision because I love EastEnders and I'm happy to stay for as long as they'll have me. I wouldn't want to move to America and be a success out there because I wouldn't want to be away from my family."

To read the full interview, click here!

No comments: