Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Is It Daniel or Elijah?*

According to a report on tonight.co.za, there is a story in the The Sun newspaper (although I could not find it on their site) that Daniel Radcliffe is being mistaken, by Lord of the Rings fans, for Elijah Wood!! The Tonight report reads:

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe is mistakenly being mobbed by fans of Elijah Wood. Lord of the Rings fans in Australia - where Radcliffe is filming his latest movie - have mistaken 16-year-old Daniel for Elijah, 24, - who plays Frodo in the hit fantasy trilogy. But far from being offended by the mistake, Daniel admits he is flattered. He is quoted in Britain's The Sun newspaper as saying: "So often people shout out, 'Hey Frodo!' as they think I'm Elijah - who frankly is a very good-looking guy so I take it as a compliment. I admit when a couple of people have put autograph books under my nose I've signed them, 'Much love, Elijah Wood'."

"It would be a bit deflating for me if I told the truth and they said, 'Don't bother signing it then'." Meanwhile, Daniel has become Britain's richest teenager with a personal fortune of £23-million. The boy wizard is now worth more than millionaire teen stars Charlotte Church and Joss Stone after signing a contract worth £8-million to appear in the fifth movie, Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix.

I wonder if Elijah gets mistaken for Daniel?

* This photo can be found on danradcliffe.co.uk, so I guess it's Daniel!!!

No comments: