Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Portrait of Rowling Unveiled
A portrait done of JK Rowling was shown to the public at the National Portrait Galler of London yesterday, inspired by her early life. The creator? One Stuart Pearson Wright had this to say of his art: "I was drawn to Jo principally because of my admiration for a woman who can successfully combine motherhood and a creative career."
When he was asked if Rowling liked the portrait, Wright said, "She's still talking to me, which must be a good sign."
And Rowling herself said at the premiere of her painting, "This genuinely is the first time that I have seen this and I love it... This shows more of me than any photo has ever shown".
You can view the work HERE, and a picture of Rowling unveiling the piece HERE.
**This from CBC Newsround

No comments: