Sunday, September 26, 2004

Nothing like Family
Well, we've all had that one (or possibly two) in the family. The one we wished was Not. The one that embarasses the rest. So it seems J.K. Rowling is just like the rest of us. Only she's lucky enough for hers to be in the paper. This was written in Contact Music:
JK ROWLING's cousin BEN is furious the HARRY POTTER author refuses to admit he was the inspiration for the schoolboy wizard or give him any of the $774 million (GBP430 million) she made from the books and films.
BEN, 37, was "inseparable" from the multi-millionaires writer while he was growing up, and insists he's the basis for her infamous character, debunking Rowling's claim she came up with the idea while stuck on a delayed train from Manchester to London.
He says, "When I read the first Harry Potter book, my jaw dropped. It was uncanny, far more than a coincidence. I know Jo based Harry on me. I can see so much of the young me in his character.
"We used to spend the weekends swapping stories of boarding school life. She was always fascinated about what I had been up to at school and used to love me telling her about the scrapes and escapades I had been involved in.
"Jo and I were inseparable and even today people stop me and tell me I look just like Harry Potter."
Teenage pictures of Ben reveal an uncanny resemblance to the actor DANIEL RADCLIFFE who plays Potter on the big screen.

Looks like poor Mrs. Rowling will have another one to add up into her 'Rubbish Bin' as soon as she gets to it. And in the meantime, please keep in mind, that even if she has seen you for a moment in your lifetime, be rest assured, that most likely, a character will Not form of it, and therefore, you will not have any rights to the authors' well earned and deserved money.

No comments: