Saturday, July 03, 2010

Inspirational
A compilation of quotes have been pieced together of the actors of Harry Potter, in which they tell where their inspiration came from.
James Phelps: “I would say the film that made me most interested in films and acting in films when I was growing up was 'Forrest Gump'. It has always been my favourite film for many reasons; there is no bad guy and the story went into real events in history. Plus Tom Hanks is a great actor, which makes it all so believable.”
Tom Felton : “ There are a few films that have definitely influenced me on my journey to becoming an actor. I remember as a kid loving ‘Robin Hood’ and all the James Bond movies were a big inspiration to me as a child. Those were some of the films that I thought, “That would be a very cool job to do”. So, I’m very lucky enough to be here.”
Jason Isaacs: “A film that changed my life and has throughout my life is ‘The Wizard of Oz’. I first saw it when I was a little kid…on a giant screen and it was overwhelming – it was awash with colours and music and extraordinary looking people…One of the great things about the film is that it makes you think about films.”
Imelda Staunton: “When I was a kid, I watched a lot of black and white films, and I was very influenced by an actress called Bette Davis, who wasn’t particularly attractive, but really, really good. A film I really liked was ‘All About Eve’.”
Bonnie Wright: “The film that changed my life was ‘A Little Princess’, which I remember watching when I was a little girl and it made me really believe that inside every girl that there is a little princess.
Jessica Hynes, : “I’m a big fan of ‘Bugsy Malone’. It’s a classic. Jodie Foster as Tallulah is jaw-droppingly brilliant. That was one of the first moments when I thought I just want to do that so much.”
Toby Jones : “Films that inspired my journey within the industry include ‘Whistle Down the Wind’ and ‘Dougal and The Blue Cat’ – I loved these as a child. I particularly liked the original Willy Wonka with Gene Wilder. He was fantastically charismatic!”
Also below, is a quick video containing Tom Felton at the end.


**Thanks to FilmClub for this.

No comments: