Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Lucius Malfoy returns to Potter

In a short but good interview with ComingSoon.net Jason Isaacs confirms he will return as Deatheater Lucius Malfoy in the film version(s) of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
On being asked if he's suprised he gets recognized when he's not in his Wizarding wardrobe Issacs say's "I am very surprised. The grown ups recognize me for something else, and then they tell their kids "Look who it is! It's Lucius Malfoy." And the kids look at their parents like they have just had an aneurysm. I look nothing like Lucius Malfoy. I look nothing like anything, any of the parts I've played, really.

Jason says while he is unsure when he will begin filming, he's looking forward to returning to the role; and to working with actress Helen McCrory who of course will play screen Wife Narcissa Malfoy.
"I am very excited. Also, the woman who is playing my wife I've been a fan of for a very long time. In fact, one of the great things about going to do Harry Potter at all is that a lot of people who are my acting idols I see sitting in make up chairs beside me. To get to do scenes with Gary Oldman and Richard Harris, Michael Gambon and now Helen McCrory, who I'm a big fan of – it's fabulous."
Jason also said in the interview he had not read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows before learning his character would return, but did admit he spoke with author J.K. Rowling before the publication, begging for Lucius to get out of prison
"I'm not quite strong enough to pick up a book of that weight. I had a couple of people to help me, and a winch. The secret can be out now. Before it came out I wasn't quite sure – there was a point where I wasn't sure I was going to do anymore because there wasn't much for me to do in number five and I wasn't in number six. I met Jo Rowling for the first time at a big awards dinner. I went over and basically fell to my knees and said "Get me out of prison, I beg you." She looked over her shoulder and looked back at me mouthing "You're out. Chapter One." And that was it, that's all I had to know, and I signed up immediately"

To read the interview in full visit Comingsoon.net - thanks to them.

No comments: