Thursday, May 29, 2008

J.K. Rowling Updates Official Website

Author J.K. Rowling just updated her official website with details on an 800 word prequel to the Harry Potter series that she penned for a charity auction. It appears that this news caused a lot of excitement amongst fans (myself included!), building up hopes that perhaps the beloved author had decided to treat fans to some Potter back story in an upcoming book. Rowling, however, put all the juicy rumours to rest with the following information:

"Although I did feel a bit like a relapsing addict as I sat down to write – the words poured from my pen with frightening ease – I am NOT working on a prequel."

Potter fans can still take heart because they will be able to read the short story (along with other contributions to the cause), by purchasing a "book of facsimiles, which will be available in August."

The proceeds from the sales of the book will also go to the selected charities.

No comments: