Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New Wizard of the Month Archives on J.K. Rowling's Website

Author J.K. Rowling has updated her
official website by adding a Wizard of the Month archive for fans who want to go back and revisit the list of names posted by the always creative Harry Potter author. Rowling has also updated the news section of her site with the following statement:

"It's common knowledge that I love genuine Harry Potter fansites, which is why I created my own award to recognise their creativity and ingenuity. It's also old news that I hope one day to write the definitive Harry Potter encyclopedia, which will include all the material that never made it into the novels, and that I will give the royalties from this book to charity. I cannot, therefore, approve of "companion books" or "encyclopedias" that seek to pre-empt my definitive Potter reference book for their authors’ own personal gain. The losers in such a situation would be the charities that I hope, eventually, to benefit."

No comments: