Thursday, May 03, 2007

David Yates to Direct 6th HP Movie

David Yates, director of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, has just confirmed in an interview for SCI FI Wire that he will be back to direct the next movie in the franchise, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:

"I am doing Half-Blood Prince, and I'm doing it because I love the world, I love the characters. I think I have more business with this world and these characters. I've made a kind of tonal shift with the fifth film, which I want to continue and develop into the sixth film, and I can see the fifth story evolving into the sixth story in a really interesting way. So I'm on a journey with this material and this world, and I'm keen to complete it."

--As we have yet to see the outcome of the fifth Potter installment; we can only hope that it's done superbly and true to the book. And that the sixth movie will be done in the same fashion. Here's to hoping! ;)

No comments: