Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Door Open again
At the Official JK Rowling site, her secret door is once again open.
Click below to find the newest of her riddles for the latest in treasures.
First, in the Mirror, you will see a christmas tree. Click that, and the locked door will open.
Below it are presents. The far right one under the tree, once clicked will come up with a question.
What form does Hermione Grangers' Patronus take?
The answer of course is OTTER
For each correct answer, a candle will be lit. ;)
Next!
What is Ron Weasley's least favorite luncheon meat?
CORNED BEEF
What city did baby Harry fly over?
BRISTOL
Then there are riddles to be solved:
Two in a whole, and four in a pairAnd six in a trio, you see?Eight's a quartet,But what you must getIs the name of just one of me.
HALF
Say you'd never seek to lose me While you live we cannot partI must dwell lifelong inside you Locked within your beating heart
BLOOD
I cannot be other than what I amUntil the man who made me diesPower and glory will fall to me, finallyOnly when he last closes his eyes
PRINCE

When all is said and done, the star at the top lights up, and then amongst the other christmas cards is one with the said star on it. Click that one, and there's a message from Rowling on her upcoming book. It reads (thanks to TLC for their write up on this)
"I know you all expected this to happen on Christmas day, but I was sure that those of you who celebrate Christmas have better things to on the day itself do than to fight your way into my study, whereas those of you who DON'T celebrate Christmas would definitely prefer not to wait until the twenty fifth so...
'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' is COMPLETED and has been delivered to my English language publishers, who hope to announce the publication date within 24 hours.
Although I have joked about HP&THBP racing my third baby into the world, I have in fact had all the time I needed to tinker with the manuscript to my satisfaction and I am as happy as I have ever been with the end result. I only hope you feel that it was worth the wait when you finally read it!
Wishing everybody a wonderful holiday and a happy and peaceful 2005,With love from,JK Rowling."

No comments: