Tuesday, August 31, 2004

A director for the Phoenix already?
Hard to believe that after only a few short months after starting the filming or Goblet, WB and company are looking for a director for Phoenix? Well, it's true. Your Movies News, had this small piece on it:
Mira Nair, the director of "Monsoon Wedding" and the upcoming period drama "Vanity Fair", has been offered the chance to helm "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix".
"I'm getting offers to direct [it]," she told The Times of India.
"I read it over the weekend. I'm still deciding."
Nair would join Chris Columbus, Alfonso Cuaron and Mike Newell as the first female director to adapt one of J. K. Rowling's novels about the adventures of a boy wizard at Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
"I'm not letting all this go to my head," she said.
"I'm grounded. I practice detachment, it helps me keep my balance. I'm a Dilliwalli, only an asana gets me on my head! My son Zoharan's excited. I've seen all the 'Harry Potter' movies with him."
"Phoenix" is scheduled for release in June, 2007.

And thanks to the viewers of HP4U for being patient in us not putting this up when it was still nothing but a rumor. ;)

No comments: