Monday, May 24, 2004

Oldman interview
The Sunday Herald has an interview with Gary Oldman (Sirius Black to you muggles), in which he describes a little about what it's like to be a part of the Harry Potter world.
" I'm playing him as a bad guy and then you make that twist. It's a bit like playing Shakespeare. Shakespeare doesn't really write subtext, you play the subtext. You do it all in the line, I've not embellished it with a whole lot of psychology. It's a certain technique to playing it, a certain style. I appear, you think I'm the bad guy and through the course of the scene you realise, 'oh he's not that'. But when you see me, I have an energy and intensity and the audience, not being familiar with the book, would still think that I'm actually after Harry Potter and that I'm presumably in cahoots with Voldemort. I guess what I am saying is you play him as a good guy but he has been wrongfully accused and imprisoned."
For the full story, go to The Sunday Herald

No comments: