Saturday, December 20, 2003

BAFTA Tribute to Julie Walters

For all of you who missed last nights UK BBC1 special - a tribute to Julie Walters - here are some nice screenshots sent in by Lauren - all sorts of people introduced clips illustrating aspects of her career, and guess who talked about her playing various mothers - "the magical Rupert Grint" !!!
Rupert Grint Pics: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Julie Walters
Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson
Emma Watson

The transcript of Rupert Grints Speech.

Clive Anderson (host): here to tell us what it's like to be on the receiving end of Julie's maternal instincts, is a young man who at the age of 15 has already stared in two of the most successful British films ever made. Harry Potter's best friend, Ron Weasley, the Magical Rupert Grint.

Now my children are going to be so impressed that I've met you tonight. You've made my evening !

Rupert : Julie makes a wicked mum, not a wicked witch. Her magic inside the Weasley home is amazing. Dishes that wash themselves, jumpers that knit themselves. I've spent the last year trying to get my mum to learn some of Julie's secrets.

The coolest thing though is a clock that tells her where all the Weasley were. Which is great - unless you don't really want to tell her where you are. I was so excited and nervous when I learnt that Julie Walters was to play my mum. But not for long; she's funny and mad and puts everyone she works with at ease.

Thanks to Lauren.

No comments: